Monday, July 17, 2017

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? - 7/17/2017

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish at some point.
 *************
Books Completed

THE BOOKSHOP AT WATER'S END by Patti Callahan Henry - review will be July 19.

An enjoyable read.  Love the cover.

 *************
EMMA IN THE NIGHT by Wendy Walker - review will be on August 8 - finished July 9.

An intense, strange psychological thriller.

 *************
THE COTTINGLEY SECRET by Hazel Gaynor - review will be on August 1.

A lovely read as always.  I never knew this had been a real event.
 
*************
THE BREAKDOWN by B. A. Paris - review will be on July 25 - finished June 23.

A good mystery...not as chilling as her first book.  Her first book gave me nightmares.

 
*************
THE WILDLING SISTERS by Eva Chase - review will be on July 25 - finished June 22.

Family saga and a bit of Gothic included. Enjoyed it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildling-Sisters-Eve-Chase/dp/0399174133/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496620770&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wildling+sisters
 *************
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton - review will be on July 20 - finished June 5.

A little slow at first, but got intense and interesting about half way through.

 *************
THE ALMOST SISTERS by Joshilyn Jackson - review is in the book's title.
 
************* 
Book Currently Reading: 

A MOTHER LIKE MINE by Kate Hewitt - review AND Giveaway will be on August 29.



  *************
Books Up Next:

BEST INTENTIONS by Erika Raskin - review will be on August 29.

 
*************
SILVER THREADS by Bette Lee Crosby - review will be on September 12.


https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Threads-Memory-House-Collection/dp/099692146X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497137296&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+threads
*************
LOVE AND OTHER CONSOLATION PRIZES by Jamie Ford - review will be on September 13

*************
THE BLACKBIRD SEASON by Kate Moretti - review will be on October 12.

*************
SEVEN DAYS OF US by Francesca Hornack - review will be on November 7.




22 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! As usual, totally new to me ones! But I hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The bookshop at water's end. You've done some great posts on that book, on Instagram as well.

    The Blackbird season draws my attention, will have a look.

    Hope you will have a good week Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bookshop at Water's End was wonderful.

      Thanks for stopping, Mareli.

      Delete
  3. I'll watch out for your reviews as several of these books interest me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you then, Laura.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  4. I'm really curious to know what you thought of Emma In the Night. I was a little disappointed with Walker's last book, All Is Not Forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma in the Night was a bit slow and disturbing because of the narcissistic mother, but it was good.

      All is Not Forgotten was a bit confusing, and I didn't like that we didn't know who the narrator was, but I did like the story line.

      How is your summer?

      Thanks for stopping, Susie.

      Delete
  5. I loved The Child, The Breakdown, The Wildling Sisters, and The Bookshop at Water's End.

    I have Emma in the Night coming up to read...soon.

    The Blackbird Season is on my list...October is just around the corner!

    Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we enjoy the same books.

      Glad we liked the ones we both have read.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Ooh looking forward to reading your thoughts on Emma In The Night, a book it seems to me people either love or hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was disturbing, but I liked how it turned out.

      Thanks for stopping, Tracy.

      Delete
  7. As always, you have a terrific selection on novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. Oh, lots of interesting ones here. I want to read Emma in the Night and The Wilding Sisters. I have a few to review, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those were good even though Emma in the Night was a bit disturbing.

      I hope you get your reviews completed and get to read both books.

      Thanks for stopping, Annie.

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to getting into the audio of The Bookshop at Water's End, will start it today as it is fine and I can go for a walk! Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT!! I hope you like it as much as I did, Kathryn.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. The Bookshop at Water's End looks good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Ellen.

      Delete
  11. So many good books! I hope you have a fabulous week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete