Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Death In Salem by Eleanor Kuhns

 
Traveling through Salem on his way home, ​Will ​Rees encounters an old friend and becomes involved in a murder investigation at the request of his friend, Twig.

Rees wonders how he became involved in this investigation when all he wanted was to go home and see his wife, Lydia.   Could he bring her here to help?

​I enjoyed the time period DEATH IN SALEM was set in but am glad I didn't live then.  Horse and buggies, no phones,​ women who had to stay home, women who were not allowed to be educated, some women who couldn't eve​n read​.  What a time to be a man, right?

Being a man meant being a sailor or a merchant in this town. And being a wealthy merchant in this case was bad for Jacob Boothe.  His wealth may have been what got him murdered.

But, who was the murderer of not one but now two people and then a third? Could Will figure it out or is his investigation putting him in danger.

It took a few pages to become part of the story, but I enjoyed DEATH IN SALEM.  I liked the characters and the storyline. The characters perfectly portrayed the era.  The storyline kept me guessing until the end. The wrap up and solving of the murder was unique.

The storyline definitely held my interest, and I am going try some of Ms Kuhn's other books.  Murder and mishaps prevailed along with authentic characters who got the job done.

DEATH IN SALEM is a book historical fiction and murder fans do not want to miss.   4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.

 

3 comments:

  1. This is a series, but I had no trouble reading the book without reading the others.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {quick intake of breath} I've been waiting to see the review of this one. Sounds awesome and one I definitely want to read! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Glad to hear I made your day with my review.

      It was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete